Your Guide to Gorgeous Tresses with Natural Hair Care Tips
Has broken hair ever tugged at your heart? Do clogged bathroom drains fill up your eyes with tears? Have dull tresses ever dampened your spirits? Has dandruff ever gotten you sick with worry? Do split ends put you at your wit’s end?
Fret not, because everyone has hair fall. It is a natural part of the hair growth cycle. For newer hair to grow, the older ones need to fall. Your hair is like a tree, with its roots embedded in your scalp. The length of your hair is like the bark and branches of the tree and the ends of your hair is like the ends of the tree. Read on to understand how your hair grows
The Phases of Hair Growth:
- In the initial phase when your hair grows, its roots are strong and well nourished, causing the bark of the tree (your hair strand) to grow well. In this stage, your hair grows about ½ cm a month. This stage is called the Anagen phase.
- In the second stage, the roots of your hair start to shrink. They don’t get as much nutrition as they used to anymore. During this time, they don’t grow as much anymore, if at all. The leaves and branches of the tree (your hair) start to weaken. This stage is called the Catagen phase.
- The final phase is called the Telogen phase, where the roots are extremely weak. This phase lasts for about 3-6 months, wherein your hair strand waits to fall. So in this phase, it will either fall off on its own or will be pushed out by a new set of roots taking form. Once that strand falls off, a new strand starts its growth cycle, beginning from its Anagen phase.
So now that you understand how your hair really grows, you probably realize that hair thinning and hair loss are quite common in women and men too. However, it’s demoralizing!
WTHF….Why The Hair Fall?
The reasons behind hair fall can be varied. Here are some reasons why you might be seeing less hair on your head and here’s how you can fix the situation with homemade hair care tips and homemade beauty tips for hair:
- Seasonality – You’ll lose the most hair during fall, typically November and December when hair reaches maturity in its growth cycle.
- Excessive styling – Too much shampooing, styling, and dyeing can harm your tresses. Heat and chemicals weaken the hair, causing them to break and fall. Moreover, your natural shiny hair texture gets affected.
- Ageing – As we get older, follicles shrink, producing skinnier, shorter strands; then the follicles start to die off. The rate and the extent of that process is a matter of genetics.
- Pregnancy (Postpartum Hair Loss) – Many women notice that a few months after they give birth, an alarming amount of hair starts falling off. This is normal body process that occurs due to the changes in hormone levels, so in cases like these you don’t have to worry about using homemade hair treatments because it is inevitable.
- Hereditary – Hair loss symptoms running in the family is one of the most common causes. The gene can be inherited from either your mother’s or father’s side of the family, which makes it very likely for you to have it as well.
- Thyroid – Millions of people, most of them being women, suffer from thyroid disease. Thyroid hormone is responsible for everything from your basal metabolic rate – the rate at which your body uses oxygen – to the growth of your hair, skin, and nails. But when you don’t have the right amount, you may notice changes in bodily functions including hair fall.
- Lack of protein – If you don’t get enough protein in your diet, your body may start saving up on it by shutting down hair growth. This can happen about two to three months after a drop in protein intake.
- Physical stress – Any kind of physical trauma, surgery, a car accident, a severe illness and even the flu can cause temporary hair loss. When you have a really stressful event, it can shock the hair cycle, more hair into a shedding mode.
Whatever be the reason for your hair fall, it is in your hands to keep it healthy with homemade hair treatments and control hair fall as much as possible with homemade tips for hair.
Tips for hair maintenance:
Listed below are some very effective homemade beauty tips for hair that will help you maintain the health of your hair and keep you looking as gorgeous as always!
Get protein power – If you don’t get enough protein in your diet, your body may ration protein by shutting down hair growth, within 2-3 months itself. Watch what you eat. Include plenty of proteins in your diet such as peas or beans, quinoa, and wild rice. This is a vital homemade hair care tip for hair growth.
- Avoid over-styling – Love tight braids, hair coloring, straightening your hair and all that fashionable jazz? Well, if you love your hair, you must stop before it’s too late. Overuse of heat or chemicals (which is often a part of styling) can rip the hair off its luster and eventually lead to hair thinning. Because these practices can actually affect the hair root, your hair might not grow back. To save yourself from the ill effects of hair styling, what you can do is use a good conditioner after every shampoo, limit the amount of time the curling iron comes in contact with your hair and use heat-driven products no more than once a week.
- Give it a magical massage – Massaging your scalp for a few minutes daily will help stimulate circulation. Good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Circulation may be improved through massage by using the amazing Ghawdess Magic Hair food. Just warm it up, massage it gently into your scalp, you can also apply in to your tresses then style your hair. This is one of the best homemade beauty tips for hair that will help in hair growth and will give you natural shiny hair.
- Get comb wise – A wide-toothed comb should ideally be used for the hair to gently de-tangle it and then the regular fine-toothed comb may be used to part the hair as per your need. This will reduce the risk of the hair breakage and hair fall while combing.
Everyone wants their locks to be luscious and long. This is one common dream all women have. While hair issues often get blown out of proportion and give many of us dark circles with worry, the good news is that they can be easily treated with hair care natural tips tips and home remedies. All you have to do is go as far as your phone or computer and open a browser to find those perfect organic products for your hair that will lead you to perfect locks that are worth dying for!